CALM is open daily, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Admissions and gift store close at 4:00 pm
The California Coast Room is open daily from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
CALM is closed on Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Adults – $9
Seniors (60+) – $7
Children (3-12) – $5
Children under 3 – Free
Group rates are available with a minimum 1-2 week advanced reservation for groups of 20+
California Living Museum is located at:
10500 Alfred Harrell Highway
Bakersfield, CA 93306
View Maps to CALM
From Downtown Bakersfield: Take 23rd/24th Street (one way, east); it becomes Highway 178. Continue on 178 for approximately 5 miles. Next, there is a Chevron Food Mart; one mile past the food mart is a stop light. Turn left (north) onto Alfred Harrell Hwy. On the right side of the road is a sign “Zoo 3 Miles”. There is a stop sign after 2 miles. After accelerating from your complete stop, proceed 1 mile farther. CALM is on the right (north) side of the road. There is a large “CALM” sign at the turn-in. Drive into the parking lot and park toward the zoo entrance.
Coming from Hwy. 58 West, Tehachapi: Well before you enter Bakersfield, exit Hwy 58 at Commanche Road, turn right to head north. The drive through the orchards along Commanche is winding and scenic; drive carefully. Commanche Road meets Hwy 178 at a signal light. On a green light, proceed through the intersection where the name of the road changes to Alfred Harrell Hwy. Follow the sign, “Zoo 3 miles”, to CALM. Turn right immediately after the “CALM” sign, park and enter the zoo.
Contact us by phone 661-872-2256.
Have you ever wanted to party with the animals? You can join the animals at the zoo for your next group event; Birthdays, Weddings, Receptions, Banquets, Picnics, and Meetings.
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- To make the most of your visit we suggest you allow approximately two hours.
- Wheelchairs for the elderly or disabled are available at no charge.
- During the summer months it is also advisable for you to plan your visit in the morning when it is cool or as early in the day as possible when the animals are inclined to be more active.
- A little cold outside? You can spend time inside the reptile house, raptor exhibit’s viewing room and explore the displays and exhibits in the education center.
- Snacks are available for purchase in the gift store. Drinks are available from vending machines. You may bring your lunch to eat at any of the picnic tables around the zoo. Do NOT feed any of the animals. Please use the trash containers for your garbage and discard your plastic drink bottles in the “recycle can”.
10500 Alfred Harrell Hwy
Bakersfield, CA 93306
Phone (661) 872-CALM (2256)
Fax (661) 872-2205